Sunday, October 23, 2011

Down Vest

Autumn weather always makes me wish to wear cozy clothes, but as the weather fluctuates between freezing in the morning and 60 during the day, a full blown coat is sometimes too much.  For the weekend, I like to hang up my trench and wear my puffy vest.  It is super cute with a sweater and jeans and allows enough air in so that I don't get too warm.  I have a basic black down vest a few years ago from Eddie Bauer, but here are another great option.  This is the Old Porter Puffer Vest from Vineyard Vines is adorable and functional.  It is $148 which is not bad for down.  If this is out of your price range, look for solid seams, a good zipper, and the stuffing. It should be high quality.  Since most outerwear even from cheap stores can be around $50, I think this is a time to spend more money and get a better quality and not waste your money on a cheaply made item. 

No comments:

Post a Comment